My Dearest Sister Mahonyha,
It has taken me six months to find the words to express my sadness in losing you. It is only now that the dust has settled, that life has slowed down, that I allow myself to stop and realise that you have left this world and are now with me in spirit and no longer in body. Losing you has been the hardest thing that I have ever gone through. It has taken me on a rollercoaster that I never thought I would ride, and yet, after all of the twists and turns I feel I have learned so much from you and from losing you.There is no one in this world that I know that has as much courage, strength and determination as you. It is that fire and power in you that gives me strength everyday to move forward and live my life to the full.I am filled with happy, wonderful memories of my early childhood spent in the valley with you. You always looked out for me and I always loved to spend time with you. As I got older, we only became closer, eventhough I seemed to move further. All of these memories I will cherish forever.Many nights you walk and talk with me in my dreams, your face so real I could touch it. When I wake, you stay with me all day. Although knowing you are no longer here brings me much sadness, I take great comfort in knowing that you will be in my heart and my dreams forever. Your name on my foot is more than a symbol of remembrance. It is a part of you that will be a part of me forever. I miss you everyday, but know that you will walk with me forever my beautiful sister.
Forever loving you,
Katy